Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire, Dumfries & Galloway, Dundee, East Dunbartonshire, Falkirk, Midlothian, North Ayrshire and Perth & Kinross.
Volunteering with Sustrans I Bike project is fun and very rewarding! I Bike aims to help children and young people become more active through taking part in cycling and walking activities. You would be volunteering alongside a dedicated I Bike Officer in schools, supporting activities for children such as learn to cycle, playground cycle skills, led bike rides, led walks, bike maintenance and much more!
Participants under 18 need parental / carer permission and we will appoint a dedicated supervisor, which could be a member of Sustrans staff or volunteer team.
We need you to:
- Be available on week days during school hours for at least an hour a week
- Complete a PVG check which we organise, and we ask for 2 references
- Complete initial training, including the NSPCC online safeguarding course and Essential Cycling Skills & roadside bike repairs
What we offer:
- Further training
- Volunteers will be supervised at schools by the I Bike Officer
- Volunteers will be supervised overall by the I Bike volunteer co-ordinator
- A flexible start time at any point during the school year
For more information please go to https://www.sustrans.org.uk/volunteer/get-involved/vacancies or email [email protected]