Role Information – if you would like to chat about the role, please call our Volunteer Line 0300 303 9162
Reading & Storytelling Buddy – Frome
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities and autism, helping them to live more independently at home and in the community. We are looking for volunteers to help us with this amazing work that we do that enables the people we support achieve their full potential.
About The Role
Do you enjoy reading aloud? Or even better, do you have the imagination to create your own stories to entertain someone? The people we support love a good story, you would be a real highlight in someone’s day, if you can spare a little time regularly to engage with a waiting audience.
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
• A clear communicator
• Friendly & relaxed
Activities will not include:
• Personal care
• Financial Assistance
What you can expect from Discovery
• An organisation that values volunteers’ individual differences, interests and strengths
• A welcoming, supportive and positive volunteering atmosphere
• Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff
• A comprehensive and personal induction to volunteering and your role
• Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
• An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you, so please make an application and we will be in touch.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail please call the Vanessa