For 25 years, Projects Abroad have been experts in volunteering abroad, work experience and gap year placements. Founded in 1992, Projects Abroad have now sent over 100,000 volunteers from all walks of life to projects in the developing world.
We run a wide range of different projects in 30 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, the South Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean. Each year we run High School Specials, specifically designed for 16 to 19 year-olds, offering you the chance to volunteer with like-minded individuals on a worthwhile and exciting project. You can choose to take part in a 2, 3 or 4 week-long project, and this is a great opportunity to make a difference while gaining valuable work experience to develop your CV or UCAS application.
Projects Abroad are an Approved Activity Provider for specific High School Special projects, as listed below:
- Care & Pandas in China
- Building & Care in Myanmar
- Care & Community in Cambodia
- Care & Community in China
- Care & Community in Madagascar
- Care & Community in Mongolia
- Care & Community in Vietnam
- Conservation & Community in Belize
- Conservation & Community in Cambodia
- Conservation & Community in Thailand
- Conservation & Spanish in Mexico
- Conservation in Costa Rica
- Conservation in Madagascar
- Conservation in Peru
- Conservation in South Africa
- Conservation in Thailand
- Shark Conservation in Fiji
- Public Health in Cambodia
- Medicine in Mongolia
Our High School Specials are fully-structured programmes with 24/7 support from our in-country staff. Alongside your work as a volunteer, you’ll also have the chance to get involved in cultural and social activities, as well as amazing weekend excursions.
Every year, thousands of young volunteers join our High School Special projects. During their time overseas, they contribute towards achieving long-term goals and make a long-lasting positive impact on the communities where they work. You can find more about our volunteers’ achievements from our High School Specials Impact Report.
Projects Abroad are an Approved Activity Provider (AAP) for the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. This means Projects Abroad are licensed to facilitate the Residential section of the Gold Award.