Up to 15% off YHA bookings
As a member of the DofE network you can book YHA accommodation at fantastic discounted prices.
With over 150 hostels and 45 campsites in the most beautiful parts of England and Wales, you can find the right place to start your adventure.
What discounts can you get?
- £1 YHA membership (usually £20)
- 10% off accommodation bookings
- 10% off camping bookings
- An extra 5% off bookings – if you are a YHA member and someone in your booking is under 26
£1 YHA membership
How to claim your £1 YHA membership:
- Ring the Central Sales team on 01629 592700 and select option six.
- Quote ‘DofE‘ discounted membership
- You’ll automatically get 10% off all bookings as a YHA member
- If someone in your booking is under 26, another 5% will be taken off your booking
10% off YHA accommodation
How to claim 10% off YHA accommodation (no membership):
- Visit the YHA accommodation page and choose your accommodation.
- Individuals and small groups (up to 15 people) – book online and use promo code ‘DofE-001‘ at the check out.
- Groups of 10+ requiring an invoice – call Group Sales on 01629 592637 and quote ‘DofE-001‘ to make your booking.
- All groups of 16+ are eligible for the YHA groups accommodation and food offer. See below.
- If you’ve never been to a youth before, why not take a virtual tour around some of YHA’s properties!
Groups get 10% off YHA accommodation and food
As a special benefit to the DofE, YHA are offering a 10% discount on group bookings made for 16 or more through the group reservation team in YHA’s Contact Centre. This will be available on the following packages:
Bed only package
Bed & Breakfast package
Half Board – packed lunch package
Half Board – evening meal package
Full Board package
Please note group bookings 10% off discount also includes food.
How to claim 10% off YHA group bookings:
1. Visit the YHA accommodation page and choose your accommodation.
2. For groups of 16+, please call our Groups team on 01629 592637 and quote DofE.
3. For groups of 15 or lower, you can still get 10% off your accommodation booking (meals will not be discounted). Simply book online and use promo code DofE-001 at the check out.
4. Groups of 16+ requiring an invoice – call our Groups team on 01629 592637 and quote DofE-001 to make your booking.
Save on YHA camping bookings
Adult DofE members can book at YHA camping sites for £8 a night and under 18s for only £6.50 a night*. As a camper at a YHA site you’ll be able to use the hostels facilities, whether that’s cooking in their self-catering kitchen or freshening up after a night under the stars.
How to claim 10% off YHA camping bookings:
1. Visit the YHA camping page to choose your site.
2. Book online and use YHA camping discount code DECAMP-001 at the check out to get your YHA camping discount.
3. View all the participating YHA locations available in this offer.
YHA is a charity that transforms young lives forever through travel and real adventure.
We provide amazing places to stay and unique opportunities to explore. We fund stays for families and young people facing adversity so that everyone has the chance to gain new confidence, new skills and a new perspective on the world.
Everyone who stays at one of our hostels, cabins or campsites contributes to our work as a youth charity. That’s because the income we generate is reinvested back into our network and programmes, enabling us to achieve greater reach and impact on young people with challenging lives.
Types of accommodation at YHA
Stay in a variety of buildings including mansions, lodges, purpose-built hostels or even a castle in private or shared rooms with double, single and bunk beds. Most YHA hostels have a self-catering kitchen where you can prepare and cook your own meals, creating that home-from-home feeling. Alternatively, let YHA do the work for you and cook you a tasty meal, then relax and unwind with a local ale or fine wine chosen from the hostel selection. After all, you are on a break!
Camping, glamping and cabins
YHA know that for many adventurers, the way you stay has to inspire you. That’s why they offer a whole range of overnight options in amazing places around England and Wales. If you just can’t bear the thought of leaving the tent at home and having a night without the stars, you can camp in the grounds of some Youth Hostels. If you’re craving more luxury, you’re spoilt for choice; from bell tents with log burners to eco-friendly rustic wooden huts – YHA have got you covered. Whether you’re a camper or a glamper, once you’re settled you’re welcome to use the hostels amenities or indulge yourself in one of our tasty meals or sampling some of our local ales and fine wines.
Fancy something with more of an edge? YHA have a selection of activity centres that are great for getting your adrenaline pumping located in some of the best parts of England and Wales. Try your hand at climbing or make a splash whilst kayaking at these AALA licensed venues with loads more activities on offer.
YHA Bunkhouses provide a great budget option offering accommodation in spectacular rural locations with great value for money. All bunkhouses are self-catering and must be booked in advance with the keys provided from an address nearby. Bedrooms are mainly dormitory-style with bunk beds, although there are private family rooms, sleeping four, available at certain locations.