3SGroup (Mapyx) is the market leader in the provision of fully integrated mapping, search management and tracking solutions. Their solutions are in use with Mountain & Lowland Rescue, Maritime Coastguard Agency, the Ministry of Defence, Police Forces and hundreds of educational organisations both in UK and abroad; their solutions are simply the preferred choice for professionals.
What we do:
We keep your kids safe and DofE Leaders reassured by using Mapyx digital tracking on your expeditions. We are not only the market leader, but the only DofE recommended digital mapping and tracking solution.
We work with Mountain & Lowland Rescue, Maritime Coastguard Agency, the Ministry of Defence, Police Forces, and hundreds of educational organisations both in UK and abroad.
Our aim is to enhance experience, safety, education, and protection of persons engaged in all forms of outdoor activity.
What are the benefits of using the Mapyx tracking solution?
- Ability to track multiple groups at multiple locations
- Text messaging if other signals fail
- Remote supervision without ‘encroaching’ on groups independence
- Adds just circa £2/£3 onto the cost of the expedition for each student
- Reassurance and support for DofE Leaders and Assessors.
- Ability to share the product with other schools and organisations
- Flexible charges for hiring and purchasing options
- Save on time and fuel due to knowing the location
- 24/7 back-up and emergency support.
- Use as post expedition review
- Have as many trackers as required
- Fully comprehensive and integrated control and back-up solutions.
- Compatible with the eDofE Mapping system to permit the transfer of data.
Using the System
- All solutions can be used on PC, network, mobile and cloud-based, making the solution unique in its delivery of a fully integrated platform of integrated solutions. Trackers are used to monitor the location and progress of groups on expeditions.
- Tracking systems are a great safety aid and help to identify mistakes in navigation. They are a tool for evaluating performance and giving feedback to participants.
- Training must be given in the use of the tracking device and accompanying software.
- Tracking systems that rely upon mobile phone networks should not be used as reception is too unreliable in remote areas.
- Trackers don’t replace the need for Leaders/supervisors.
- Tracking systems are not there to stop teams making mistakes but are there to help if a situation deteriorates or if help is needed. Tracking still allows teams to get lost and correct their navigation errors, but tracking permits the leader to know their location and provide support, as necessary.