Two (2) VIP passes to the 2022 British Grand Prix with McLaren Racing Limited, including behind-the-scenes access to the team and full hospitality, plus a tour of the paddock and McLaren garage, and a meet and greet with the McLaren Formula 1 drivers.
– Please note, this experience does not include travel or hotel accommodation.
– Participants must be 18 years old and over.
– Entries are open to UK residents only (England, Wales and Scotland).
– The tickets are not transferrable for a cash equivalent.
– The tickets are for the 2022 Silverstone Grand Prix race day only (date tbc).
– The tickets are subject to UK Covid restrictions on the date of the event. Should the event be cancelled due to an act of God or pandemic, the tickets will be cancelled and reissued for an alternative date.
– The competition is subject to the full terms and conditions as set out below.
Prize terms and conditions:
1) The prize draw will open on 28 June 2021 at 00.01 BST and close on 31 July 2021 at 23.59 BST. All competition entries received after the closing date will be automatically disqualified.
2) Entry to the prize draw is only by texting the keyword DOFE to short code 84903. You will then receive a free bounce-back message from Fonix Mobile Limited informing you that a voluntary donation of £10 to The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award will be taken 60 minutes after the entry text was received, unless you reply to 84903 with the word CANCEL before 60 minutes has passed. Text messages will be your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates – please check with your provider). If you don’t respond CANCEL to 84903 within those 60 minutes, you will then receive a text from 70203 confirming your donation with a link to make a Gift Aid declaration. For the avoidance of doubt, opting out of the voluntary donation will not affect your entry into the prize draw.
3. How donation charges are shown on your bill is subject to your networks process. For more information about phone-paid services and how to identify any unknown charges on your phone bill, visit www.phonecharges.org (link is external)
4. The prize draw is open to all residents of the UK, aged 18 or over, except staff members and Trustees of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award or McLaren Racing Limited staff and sponsors, their close relatives, or anyone connected with the prize draw. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The prize draw entrant will be deemed to be the owner of the account or phone from which the prize draw entry is made.
5. Please ensure you spell the keyword correctly and send your text message to the correct short code. Alternative keywords that will be accepted are D0FE, DUKE, DUKEOFEDINBURGH. Other alternatives received will not be accepted and you will receive a message to let you know that your entry has failed . The message we send to you in this instance is not a confirmation message so, whilst you will be charged your standard network message charge, you will not be entered into the competition and will not be donating to The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. If your text message is received outside the times and dates specified for the prize draw, you may not receive a bounce-back message but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be donating to The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, nor will you have entered the prize draw. You will not have been added to any marketing databases if we send you a follow up text unless you have expressly requested to be.
6. You may enter the prize draw a maximum of four (4) times in total between the start date (28 June (00.01) and the end date 31 July (23.59) . You will receive a free bounce-back message regarding the donation each time, and if you wish to opt out of the donation you need to respond to each such message received from Fonix Mobile Limited by texting the word CANCEL to 84903. If you try to enter into the prize draw more than four (4) times in total, then you will still be charged your standard network rate but will not be charged any donation to The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. For pre-paid customers who are trying to enter but have insufficient credit, the entry text message may not be received. You are responsible for ensuring that you have enough credit to send a valid entry text in accordance with paragraph 2, and the Duke of Edinburgh Award and McLaren Racing Limited accept no liability for any entry which is not received due to a lack of credit. Also note that for pre-paid customers who are trying to donate but have insufficient credit, the donation attempt will be retried for up to three (3) days before failing; after that time if there is not enough credit to send in the entry then you will not be entered into the draw.
7. The winner will be selected using an independent randomised draw system within 5 working days after the date in which the competition has ended, and contact to notify them of their win will be attempted that day. If the winner does not answer within 48 hours after The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award’s reasonable attempts to contact them (meaning four (4) calls per day at various times of the day for a week) The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award will move on to contact the next randomly selected winner. Contact will be attempted on the phone number used by an entrant to enter into the prize draw. The Duke of Edinburgh Award and McLaren Racing Limited do not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize or if you fail to respond to any communications to inform you that you have won the prize.
8. For the avoidance of doubt, unless specified elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise agreed in writing, the winner is responsible for all arrangements and costs required to access the prize including, but not limited to, travel and accommodation costs, and no other costs or expenses will be covered by The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award or McLaren Racing Limited.
9. Any accessibility or dietary requirements for the winner or their guests need to be disclosed to The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award two (2) weeks prior to the event date. The winner and their guest will need to adhere to Health & Safety requirements imposed by McLaren, or any venue associated with the prize.
10. The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award’s announcement as to who the winner is, is final. No correspondence relating to the prize draw will be entered into. The prize is as stated. There is no cash alternative. If a winner wishes to give the prize to another person as a gift, express prior consent must be obtained from The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
11. The winner and their guest agree to take part in any reasonable post-prize draw publicity with The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award if required.
12. The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award must publish that a valid award took place. To comply with this requirement, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award will publish the surname and county of the winner and, if applicable, their winning entry on The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award website on 6 August 2021. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award by emailing [email protected]. For the avoidance of doubt, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on their request.
13. The prize is subject to change. Descriptions of the prize are provided without a warranty of any kind. In no event shall The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award or any prize provider be liable for any claim demand or damages caused to an entrant by reason of a description of the prize being inaccurate, incomplete, or for the prize being otherwise in any way different to the entrant’s expectations. The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award reserves the right to disqualify any entries that breach these rules or are in any way fraudulent. The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award reserves the right to cancel the prize draw at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
14. The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies (including Fonix) cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text not being properly received.
15. This SMS service may not be supported by all Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO). If a specific MVNO does not support the service, then following an attempt to donate via text message, no donation will be made, nor error message received.
16. The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, which is the operating name of the Charity, is a registered charity, number 1072490 (England and Wales) and SC038254 (Scotland). If you would like to contribute a different amount to The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, you can donate online on The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award website. To find out more about The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, or if you have questions about this service, please go to www.DofE.Org.
17. This prize draw is operated by The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award with broadcast promotion by McLaren Racing Limited (McLaren Technology Centre, Chertsey Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4YH, number 1517478.
18. The governing law is that of England and Wales.
19. The text service, randomised draw and donation service is provided by Fonix Mobile Limited. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact Fonix at the following email address: [email protected] or write to Fonix Mobile Limited, 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ or call on the following Helpline Number: 0208 114 7001 (Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:30).
20. Your information (mobile phone number and amount of donation) will be collected by Fonix Mobile Limited on behalf of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and will only be used to process your donation, provide receipts, manage any refunds and failed donations, as necessary. If you are randomly selected as the winner, Fonix will share your information with The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in order for them to contact you to let you know you have won and to administer the prize. Any additional information provided as part of the Gift Aid declaration will only be used for the purpose of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award’s legitimate interests of claiming Gift Aid and in order to help analyse our income. Our lawful basis for this processing is that it is in our legitimate interests (and we don’t believe this unreasonably impacts on your rights or freedoms). To find out more about how we will use your information, including your rights in relation to it, how to contact us about it and how we use your email address or phone number if you sign up to our newsletters, please see our Privacy Statement.
21. The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is registered with the PSA (registration number ORG823-43570-69928).
22. 100% of your donation goes to The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (registered charity in England and Wales 1072490 and SC038254 Scotland). No VAT will be charged on your donation.
23. Insofar as is permitted by law, The Duke of Edinburgh Award and McLaren Racing Limited, their agents and distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of using the prize except where same is caused by the negligence of The Duke of Edinburgh Award, McLaren Racing Limited, their agents or distributors. Your statutory rights are not affected.
24. By submitting a prize draw entry by sending a text to 84903, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.