The Introduction to the DofE (IttDofE) training course provides the information needed to be a DofE Leader and run DofE programmes within a centre. It puts learnings from e-induction into context in a practical way.
It is suitable for new DofE Leaders as well as existing Leaders who want to improve their DofE knowledge.
During the course we cover:
– the mission and guiding principles of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
– understanding DofE levels, sections, timescales and the development of DofE programmes
– the DofE structure and how it supports you
– the key roles of DofE Leaders
– how to ensure that the programme is based around the needs of the young people
– information on the range of resources available to help you
– good practice in the delivery of DofE programmes
Some DofE Offices/LOs may also run an IttDofE short course, which covers the first half of the full IttDofE training course. This is suitable for those who want a concise (3 hour) overview of the DofE’s ethos, rules and requirements. It may lead to further MTF training (e.g. the Award Verifier course).
Complete the DofE’s e-induction training course and have a ‘Letter of Completion’.
For forthcoming IttDofE training courses please visit the Opportunity Finder.Find IttDofE training courses
IttDofE course attendees will be provided with a range of training materials, which will support them in their DofE role.
The IttDofE course acts as a general introduction to the DofE. After completing the IttDofE, a range of additional DofE Modular Training Framework courses are available to delegates to support them with their DofE involvement.