The Introduction to the DofE (IttDofE) training course provides the information needed to be a DofE Leader and run DofE programmes within a centre. It puts learnings from e-induction into context in a practical way.
It is suitable for new DofE Leaders as well as existing Leaders who want to improve their DofE knowledge.
During the course we cover:
– the mission and guiding principles of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
– understanding DofE levels, sections, timescales and the development of DofE programmes
– the DofE structure and how it supports you
– the key roles of DofE Leaders
– how to ensure that the programme is based around the needs of the young people
– information on the range of resources available to help you
– good practice in the delivery of DofE programmes
Some DofE Offices/LOs may also run an IttDofE short course, which covers the first half of the full IttDofE training course. This is suitable for those who want a concise (3 hour) overview of the DofE’s ethos, rules and requirements. It may lead to further MTF training (e.g. the Award Verifier course).
Complete the DofE’s e-induction training course. Progress on completing these modules can be checked in your eDofE profile under ‘My Training’.
For forthcoming IttDofE training courses please visit the Opportunity Finder.Find IttDofE training courses
IttDofE course attendees will be provided with a range of training materials, which will support them in their DofE role.
The IttDofE course acts as a general introduction to the DofE. After completing the IttDofE, a range of additional DofE Modular Training Framework courses are available to delegates to support them with their DofE involvement.