Join Pod Volunteer to help sea turtle conservation on the beautiful Greek island of Kefalonia, by monitoring and protecting the island’s endangered loggerhead sea turtles.
You’ll be living on the friendly island of Kefalonia, with its sandy beaches, rugged scenery and surrounded by the warm crystal blue waters of the Ionian Sea.
Join the team and help save the sea turtles of Greece from extinction!
Volunteers support the work of the local conservation team and tasks may include:
* Surveying beaches to find, record and protect turtle nests (in nesting season)
* When turtles hatch, protecting the tiny hatchlings from light pollution and ensuring they can crawl safely to the sea (in hatching season)
* Making nest inventories to assess the hatching success of each nest (in hatching season)
* Observing and recording turtle behaviour
* Measuring the level and source of light pollution, a key threat to turtles
* Measuring changes to the beach profile