• Sail from Cascais to the island of Madeira for some autumn sun, sea and thrills!
• Combine adventurous offshore passage sailing with relaxed island exploration
• Learn elements of passage planning and practise your celestial navigation
• Previous sailing experience will help to get the most out of the adventure
• Your participation will directly benefit our vital youth work
This voyage from Cascais, on mainland Portugal to one of the country’s autonomous island regions, Madeira, is a great introduction to offshore passage sailing for the novice or leisure sailor who wants to widen their sailing experience while enjoying some winter sun.
On this voyage starting in Cascais, you’ll cover around 600 nautical miles and spend multiple days at sea, working in a watch system from the outset. The weather is likely to turn increasingly favourable the further south we go, and you should be in shorts and t-shirts by the time we reach Madeira!
We can offer a bursary discount of up to £300, the link to apply is on the voyage booking page (click the content link on the right). >>>