By Craghoppers Advertisement feature
Doing your DofE is the first of many adventures in your life. But before you start, there is some planning to do. With an upcoming expedition or other outdoor adventures, you need to be sure you have the right gear for the job. It will make your whole experience so much more enjoyable when you know you will comfortable and your kit is set for the challenge ahead.
Craghoppers’ DofE recommended expedition clothing has been carefully designed with DofE expeditions in mind. All fabrics, finishes and details are there to protect you from the elements, with some added extras you may not have thought of.
A good waterproof jacket is essential, especially in the UK’s unpredictable weather. The Craghopper’s Horizon Jacket offers a whole range of features, including a breathable, lightweight outer layer:
– The AquaDry membrane fabric is a dual layer waterproof fabric, offering waterproofing and breathability in the heaviest of downpours. – Reflective tags help you stand out from the crowd. – Waterproof zipped pockets and an inner map pocket for easy access to essentials. – Cuff adjusters (draw strings) for added protection. – Waterproof zips offer extra reassurance that no amount of rain is going to get through and get you wet.
Mid Layer Fleece
The warmth and comfort of a fleece is ideal for a mid layer. The Strata Jacket is great for wearing around camp when the temperature drops.
– The hood is ideal for when the wind blows – zip up and pull the hood up. – One handed adjusters for added protection. – The fleece material helps retain body heat. – Reflective detail on the zip for safety.
Base Layer T-shirt
The Craghoppers Fusion T-shirt will keep you cool when there is a glimmer of the sun or when you heat up on a hike.
– The wicking material is great to wear for active sports and dries quickly. – Doesn’t need ironing. – Reflective detailing as an additional safety feature. – Mesh panels for additional breathability. – Stretch moisture control to keep you cool on the move and fresh from humidity.
The Traverse Trousers are hardwearing, weather protecting trousers and ideal for expeditions or outdoor walks.
– Polycotton fabric has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish – this means water will simply run off them. – Offers UPF 50+ sun protection. – Four pockets, three of which are zipped. – Heel tape for reinforcement ensures they don’t wear too quickly. – Reinforced knee panels for the rugged outdoors.
Ever had to walk around in wet trousers? The Ascent Overtrousers are ideal to pack into your rucksack to grab at the first sight of rain.
– Made from AquaDry ripstop polyamide, that will keep your legs dry. – Knee darts allow for freedom of movement. – Elasticated waist and ankle zips make them easier to put on, allowing them to pull over your walking boots. – The handy stuff sack makes them pack away small. – Two zipped pockets. – Hem adjusters for additional protection.
Craghoppers is a brand committed to creating great products with minimal impact on the environment. All the water repellent finishes on the Horizon, Traverse and Ascent, are PFC (perfluorcarbon) free, which means they are not damaging to the environment.
Craghoppers also offer a guarantee for life on all their clothing, giving you the reassurance that the clothes will last.
Use your DofE Card or Voucher at the DofE Recommended Retailers of Expedition Kit to save at least 10%, and often more, on Craghoppers clothing and all your other expedition and outdoor essentials.