If you are an individual looking to complete your Duke of Edinburgh Gold Expedition, join us on an open kayak expedition to meet new people and explore the stunning Devon coastline.
The training, practice and qualifying expedition are run back-to-back with a day of rest and recuperation in between.
No prior kayaking experience needed and all paddling kit provided! Sit-on-top sea kayaks are provided which are really stable and provide plenty of space to carry your equipment.
What is included?
– Training in the following: Paddling Skills, Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning, First Aid and Rescue Training, Weather Interpretation, Camp craft and most importantly Team Work!
– Supervision and guidance from a qualified and experienced Kayak professional during preparation and execution of the Practice and Qualifying venture
– Campsite fees, a comprehensive kit list and training pack
– All kayaking and group equipment required
– A fair assessment on the water from a qualified DofE assessor
– Training & Practice – 28th July – 1st August 2024 (arrive at Reach Outdoors Centre, 9am on 28th July, return 5pm on 1st August)
– Qualifier: arrive 5pm 2nd August – 6th August 2024