• 14 days. 900nm. One crew.
• Depart from Britain’s Ocean City, Plymouth, crossing the Bay of Biscay
• Experience some serious offshore sailing on our 72ft round-the-world yacht
• Previous sailing experience is required
• By signing up to this voyage you will directly benefit our vital work with young people aged 12-25
This voyage from Plymouth to Cascais is aimed at resilient adventure sailors who enjoy a physical challenge.
Crossing the Bay of Biscay can be a challenge at this time of year, but rest assured you’ll be in safe hands on board one of our Challengers being guided by our experienced and highly-qualified crew.
Our Challengers are 72ft ocean-going steel yachts, constructed to withstand the Southern Ocean. Launched in 2000, they raced round the world in two editions of the BT Global Challenge, the route taking them against prevailing winds and currents, through some of the most challenging sailing conditions on the planet.
We can offer a bursary discount of up to £350, the link to apply is on the voyage booking page (click the content link on the right). >>>