Join us for an unforgettable weekend
Enjoy a challenging hike
‘I felt really alive and would love to do it again and again.’ Georgina
‘Fabulous food, great music, superb company’ Zoe
Earn your reward
‘A real tough challenge and huge achievement, all for a worthy charity.’ Dave
Choose your Adventure
- Opt for one day (30km) or two days (50km).
- Follow a signposted route or put your self-navigation skills to the test and map your own!
- Get a team together or go it alone. You’ll make plenty of friends along the way.
- Everyone stays overnight at Base Camp on the Saturday night, with the option for Friday night also included in the registration fee.
- Easy to set up JustGiving fundraising page, linked straight from your registration
- Oodles of fundraising support, including a fundraising guide, hints and tips, downloadable poster, sponsorship form and more
- Training plans so that you know you’re fit and ready to hike
- Checkpoints along the route, fully stocked with hot drinks and refreshments
- Friday and Saturday night camping
- 2-person Vango tent to yourself, ready when you arrive
- Sleeping mat
- Warm showers
- Option to pre-order meals
- Cooking areas
- Marquee with bar and live music
- Medal when you cross the finish line
- The money you raise will enable more young people across the UK transform their lives through taking part in the DofE
The DofE Adventure 2019 takes place on 21 and 22 September in the South Downs. The start line, finish line and Base Camp will all be in the same location (Findon, Worthing BN14 0RP)
Base Camp opens on Friday evening for everyone who’d like to be there ready to start bright and early on Saturday morning. Pre-pay dinner and breakfast available.
You’ll be given your start time in advance and groups will set off in waves for the day’s 30km hike. Self-navigators will be given key coordinates in advance. Or you can follow a signposted route.
Checkpoints along the way
Water, snacks, toilets and medical support will be available along the route from checkpoints manned with support staff. You’ll need to check in so we know you’re safe and well.
A night under the stars
One-day Adventurers receive their medal as they cross the finish line at Base Camp, where everyone stays overnight. Have a warm shower before dinner and a drink (or two) at the bar. Take a seat by the campfire and share your DofE stories, or enjoy live entertainment in the marquee before getting some well-earned rest.
It’s home time for one-day Adventurers. The first of the two-day Adventurers will set off from 7am for their 20km hike. You can start any time up to 9am.
Checkpoints will be spaced out over the route. You finish back at Base Camp to collect your well-deserved medal before heading home.
Meals will be available to pre-order before the event or you can bring your own food and cook at base camp.
The DofE Adventure offers a superb opportunity for team bonding and networking out of the office. Find out more about entering a corporate team.
Change a life
Jon was a young offender who was offered the chance to do his DofE while in prison. Through the programme he discovered a passion for cooking and now runs his own catering company.
By supporting the DofE, you’ll enable more young people like Jon start their journey toward self-discovery, self-belief and success.