You’ve had a great time doing your DofE and gained a huge amount. But this doesn’t have to be the end of your involvement with the charity. Here are some compelling reasons to volunteer for the DofE.
- You can keep your DofE journey going as an adult volunteer – the fun doesn’t have to stop.
- You’ve spent years learning some excellent skills. Keep those skills active.
- Pass on what you know to young people doing their DofE now – it’s your chance to give back.
- DofE voluntary roles are highly skilled and respected. Employers will value your additional efforts.
- If you’re considering doing an Outdoor Leadership qualification (e.g. the BEL, or ML), continuing to gain experience of expeditions with the DofE will be invaluable.
- If you’re thinking of going into teaching, youth work or coaching, a DofE leadership role is very useful experience to have.
There are all kinds of ways to stay involved with the DofE – you could become an Expedition Assessor, an Award Verifier, a Leader and so much more. Take a look at the full list of adult volunteering opportunities available here