eDofE Mapping is the digital mapping application offered by the DofE through a web platform (separately referred to as eDofE Mapping and/or the Application). The eDofE Mapping Terms and Conditions sets out the additional terms and conditions which apply to your use of eDofE Mapping. In the event of any conflict between the eDofE Mapping Terms and Conditions and the other standard eDofE terms and conditions, the eDofE Mapping Terms and Conditions will take precedence.
eDofE Mapping provides online access to Ordnance Survey maps, it provides a mapping interface to allow users to create, record and share their own routes and other content (see User Generated Routes / Content).
1. Permitted use of eDofE Mapping content
Users will have access to all the eDofE Mapping Content and functionality, which includes;
– Accessing the following mapping data (Licensed Data): 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster (Explorer) and 1:50 000 Scale Colour Raster (Landranger);
– Ability to fully customise your own routes;
– Right to print full page A3 and A4 mapping;
– Use the import and export functionality for importing routes.
Adults and young people using eDofE may;
– Access and use eDofE Mapping for their personal non-commercial use as part of the DofE Award programme.
– Not upload any eDofE Mapping Content to the internet for access or use by anyone else.
– Not email eDofE Mapping Content to anyone else outside of the DofE network.
– Not otherwise modify, publish, sell, hire, lend, copy or disseminate any eDofE Mapping Content.
– Not bypass the built-in print function to increase the printable area of eDofE Mapping Content.
– Not alter or remove any trademarks or the copyright or personal use notices appearing on print-outs.
2. User-Generated Routes / Content
– We do not vet and are not responsible for any User Generated Routes / Content.
– You use and view all User Generated Routes / Content at your own risk and we do not warrant accuracy or reliability.
– We may remove or edit any User Generated Routes / Content at our entire discretion.
– We do not claim any ownership in your User Generated Routes / Content. However: You grant to us a royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to store, reproduce and display and distribute the User Generated Routes / Content to other eDofE Mapping users (or users of our other Services) for their personal, non-commercial use.
– Except in respect of any User Generated Routes / Content which may already have been saved or printed by other users, you may revoke the licence granted above at any time by removing your User Generated Route / Content.
– The restrictions on the use of eDofE Mapping Content set out in these eDofE Mapping Terms do not apply to you in respect of your own User Generated Routes / Content.
– In the event that a third party notifies us that your User Generated Route / Content infringes their intellectual property rights, we shall be entitled to disclose your identity and any other necessary information to such third party.
3. Accuracy of mapping and walking routes
– We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any mapping is as accurate and up-to-date as possible, but we do not guarantee absolute accuracy or currency.
– We do not check the accuracy, feasibility or safety of any User Generated Routes / Content uploaded and available from other users of eDofE Mapping.
– For safe outdoor navigation, we recommend that you allow a reasonable margin for error, refer to local signage and take particular care in poor visibility.
– The average times shown for walking, running or cycling routes are rough estimates based on Naismith’s Rule. This rule assumes you are reasonably fit and travelling on typical terrain in normal conditions. You should estimate your own route time making allowances for your own circumstances.
4. Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
– A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any term of these Terms, except that both OS and Mapbox Inc., a Delaware corporation whose address is at 1714 14th Street, NW, Rear Entrance, Washington, DC 20009 (Mapbox) and Apple Inc., a California corporation with its principal place of business at One Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California, 95014, USA (Apple) shall be entitled to enforce these Terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
5. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
– The majority of content posted in eDofE Mapping is created by DofE participants, participant’s Leaders, Licensed Organisations (LOs) and the DofE. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the DofE. The DofE is not responsible for any content posted by participants, Leaders or LOs or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through eDofE Mapping. Any links to third party websites from eDofE Mapping do not amount to any endorsement of that site by the DofE and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
– Whilst we take all reasonable efforts, the DofE does not guarantee that functions available on eDofE Mapping will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that eDofE Mapping or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
– The failure or delay of the DofE to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive the DofE’s right to enforce that right.
– We are not responsible for any losses which could not be reasonably expected to occur as a result of a breach including, without limitation any commercial losses.
– We cannot guarantee the ongoing supply of any content sourced from third parties, including certain points of interest and leisure route information, and we may alter the third party content we provide via (Mapping Application) at any time.
– These terms are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
– By using eDofE Mapping you agree to be bound by these terms, which take effect immediately on your first use. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to eDofE Mapping.
– The DofE may change these terms from time to time and so you should check them regularly. Your continued use of eDofE Mapping will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should stop using eDofE Mapping.
– In order to access eDofE Mapping you will be required to register with the DofE through a Licensed Organisation (LO) or facility provided directly by the DofE. Any personal information supplied to the LO or DofE as part of this registration process and/or any other interaction with the DofE will be collected, stored and used in accordance with the DofE’s online services privacy statement.
– If you’re under 16 you must have a parent’s or guardian’s permission before signing in to eDofE. This is achieved by them signing the DofE’s or your LO’s enrolment form.
– Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, your full name, school, home address or email address etc.) apart from on the personal information pages on eDofE where access is restricted.
– You may not assign, sub-license, share or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
Should you have any questions please contact us.