Hillgoers based in Aberdeenshire are delighted to offer an Open Gold Qualifying Expedition in the beautiful Cairngorm National Park. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone looking to finish their expedition section before heading off to university.
Our local venue, the stunning Cairngorm National Park, provides a fantastic wild country experience, with lots of wildlife and majestic mountains. You might see some red deer, golden eagles and other wildlife as you walk.
In order to participate in this qualifying expedition, you must have completed a practice expedition (with any provider). If you need help with a practice get in touch.
The Expedition Package Includes;
• 5 days in total
• First day covers a training recap, acclimatisation, and route finalisation
• A fully qualified supervisor
• Fully qualified DofE Award assessor
• Pre-expedition planning meeting(s) using videoconferencing and the use of a team information sharing drive
• Help with organisation of routes, meal planning, submission of green forms, itineraries, venues, logistics
• Hire of a small individual tent (participant can bring their own light tent or purchase one with 25% off RRP from Hillgoers)
• Camp site fees for 1 night (if required)
• Use of individual stoves, gas, maps, 2-way radio & emergency equipment
• Emergency basecamp backup throughout the expedition
• Other kit to purchase with 10% off RRP from Hillgoers
We will be ensuring extra safety precautions are followed to prevent COVID-19 transmission including;
• Participants to social distance according to Scottish Government guidelines at the time
• Participants from different households to sleep in individual tents and carry and use their own equipment & food
• Participants will need to make their own, individual transport arrangements to and from the expeditions
If you are interested please see our website and contact us.