Nikon launches new partnership with The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and Sharp Shots Photo Club
DofE is pleased to announce a new partnership with Nikon and Sharp Shots Photo Club to launch a new photography course that aims to help amplify the voices of young people by providing them with photographic and storytelling skills.
Entitled ‘Photographers without Limits’, the course has been specifically created for participants with a passion for storytelling and those who wouldn’t necessarily have the opportunity to take up photography as part of the Skills section of their DofE.
Throughout the course, participants will take part in weekly workshops led by Sharp Shots Photo Club, as well as a series of masterclasses taught by Nikon photographers. The participants will also be paired up with Nikon Ambassadors or Creators to expertly guide them through their photographic journey and give them an insight into the life of a professional photographer.
The Nikon Ambassadors and Creators who will take part are:
- Lara Jackson – Conservation biologist and wildlife photographer, on a mission to raise awareness of conservation
- Jeaniq Amihyia – London-based director and photographer, who is well versed in creating unique pieces of art for audiences
- Amy Shore – Lifestyle and automotive photographer, who focuses her work around human connections
- Harry Skeggs – Multiple award-winning photographer living in London, with a passion for all forms of wildlife
- Tianna Williams – Maternity and new-born photographer who uses photography as the perfect medium to draw attention to what makes people beautiful
- Ben Moore – A self-taught photographer with a passion for architecture and urban displays
- Gurvir Johal – Wedding photographer, with a keen eye for detail
- Alfie Bowen – Wildlife conservation advocate, who often prefers to shoot in black and white to focus on the personality of the animal subject
- Jon Williamson – Medical and adventure photographer who depicts the healthcare environment in a realistic but unique way
- Carolyn Mendelsohn – Portrait photographer who concentrates on lifestyle, fashion, and bespoke portraits
Julian Harvie, Head of Marketing Nikon Northern Europe, said: “Nikon has been investing in visual storytelling for more than 100 years. It is central to our brand’s DNA that we offer support to all photographers on their journey to mastering their passion. As a photography family, we are proud to support these nine rising stars through our partnership with DofE and Sharp Shots. Photography is one of the most democratic and inclusive art forms, and we are delighted to commit our educational leadership to these young creators.”
Rachel Palmer, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Content and Storytelling Lead, said: “It’s a real privilege to be working alongside some of our young people as they develop their photography skills and develop their voice to tell their own, powerful stories. We’re delighted to be collaborating with Nikon and Sharp Shots Photo Club to give these young photographers, who might not otherwise have the opportunity, the tools and platform to talk about issues that affect them and that they’re passionate about.”
Lillian Spibey, Director at Sharp Shots Photo Club, said: “These young photographers have such powerful stories to tell, and it’s immensely rewarding to teach each participant how to capture their own story in photographs. We are really excited to be working with the DofE & Nikon on this project.”
At the end of the course, each participant’s story will be featured in an exhibition. More information to follow so watch this space.
Follow their journey online with #photographerswithoutlimits
Find out more at https://www.dofe.org/photographers-without-limits