These are the terms and conditions under which we supply and make DofE Direct available to you. DofE Direct is run through eDofE, the DofE’s online records system. By submitting your registration form and paying the enrolment fee you will secure a Participation Place which will enable you to undertake a DofE programme remotely.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before submitting your registration form to us. These terms and conditions tell you who we are, how we will provide DofE Direct to you, and other important information.
DofE Direct is directly managed by the Windsor Office of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, a registered charity with number 1072490 and a Royal Charter Corporation with number RC000806. Its registered office is at Gulliver House, Madeira Walk, Windsor Berks SL4 1EU (referred to in these terms as us, we or the DofE Charity).
– You must change your password the first time you log on to eDofE.
ID and Costs
– A fee of £75 for your Welcome Pack and Gold participation place will be payable. We accept payment via credit or debit card via our website. You will not have access to eDofE until we receive payment. Once we receive payment, you will be sent your sign in details for eDofE by email and your Welcome Pack by post.
– DofE Direct is currently only available to adults between the ages of 18 and 24. You will be required to provide photographic evidence of your age in eDofE when you receive your log in details.
– ID must be a passport or driving licence or a photo card with the PASS Hologram. Please be aware that your Award cannot be approved, or your Welcome Pack sent out, until ID has been uploaded and accepted. It is highly recommended that this is first thing you do on your eDofE account.
– All contact will be via email or telephone.
– All contact from the DofE Charity using your personal data will communicate useful and relevant information to either help you complete a DofE programme, and enable Leaders/Operating Authority and the DofE Charity to run DofE programmes more effectively or help the DofE Charity improve the quality and breadth of its programmes.
– We will only use your personal information in accordance with our privacy statement. Please read it carefully as it includes important terms which apply to you.
– Your DofE Leader will not advise you which activities to do as they will not have full details of your medical history and personal circumstances. Your DofE Leader will only advise you of whether an activity could count for the DofE and any other DofE programme related questions.
– Our DofE Direct team includes Kelly Coffill-Walker and Jez Allsup ([email protected])
Activities and Evidence
– You are responsible for selecting which activities to do and, accordingly, accept any risks that may go with them. Many activities, such as hiking, sailing, and horse riding are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. By participating in a DofE programme via DofE Direct, you understand and accept these risks and are responsible for your own actions. Although your DofE Direct Leader may discuss your programme with you, your participation is accepted by us on the basis that you understand and accept the risks involved in activities.
– The evidence you submit for each section of your Award must contain the minimum of an Assessor’s Report and one piece of photographic or video evidence of yourself clearly doing your activity.
– You will be expected to identify an Assessor for each of the sections you participate in; your Assessor must not be a family member.
– You are responsible for providing accurate and honest evidence to us to enable us to assess your participation in your chosen activities.
Cancellation of Participation
– As a consumer, you have a right to cancel your Participation Place and receive a refund of the Welcome Pack and administration fees if you inform us of your intention to terminate at any time during the period from the date you submit your registration form until 14 days from the date you receive your log in details for eDofE.
– To cancel your Participation Place, you just need to let us know by email that you have decided to cancel. We will email you to confirm we have received your cancellation.
– If you cancel your Participation Place within the period referred to above we will refund you the Welcome Pack and administration fees as soon as possible. We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
– We will provide DofE Direct to you with reasonable care and skill.
– We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall be responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these terms and conditions or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us or your DofE Direct Leader while you were choosing your activities.
– We are not liable for business losses. Your use of eDofE and DofE Direct must be personal and non-commercial. If you use eDofE for any commercial or business purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
– If you have any queries or complaints please contact us.
– These terms and conditions are governed by English law. You and we both agree that any claim arising from these terms and conditions shall be dealt with in the courts of England and Wales.
I have read and understood the information above. I am eighteen years old or over and have not yet reached my 24th birthday. I will upload proof of my age in the form of a passport, driving licence or photo card onto eDofE. I understand these terms and conditions and format of my participation in DofE Direct and how my participation in The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is supported.
By submitting the registration form and paying for my Welcome Pack I confirm that I have read, understood and accepted the above terms and conditions.