Welcome to the DofE in Scotland
Your favourite expedition tips
We’ve been sharing your expedition tips at #ExpedTips on Twitter this month. They’ve been popular, so we’re sharing the top 5 tips here. Do you have tips? Share them with us on Twitter.
- Worried about periods on expedition? @OutdoorsPeople have great advice: #ExpedTips http://ow.ly/SBHS30jvXeU
- Look around before you look down. Gather information from what’s going on around you before you look at your map. #ExpedTips
- Check for ticks. They may be small, but their impact can be big. Take precautions and carry a tick remover #ExpedTips http://ow.ly/Wh7330jkxK8
- Wet boots? Pull a plastic bag over your dry socks and then pop on your boots. Will keep your socks from getting wet too. #ExpedTips – thanks @Bobinson1 for the tip
- Get comfy! Break your boots in before your expedition. Go for a few day walks. Thanks @adventures_out for today’s #ExpedTips