Do you feel you could be more effective in your everyday life? Perhaps you’d like to learn how to write a CV, start a side hustle and save money?
Our online, self-paced course will teach you a range of life skills, from managing your time effectively and negotiating the best deals to learning how to buy a house or car.
How does the course work?
The course is online, can be started at any time and is self-paced so you can fit it around existing commitments. The course material is delivered via your online account on our website.
Each week consists of a video to watch, followed by a practical (but theoretical!) task to help you develop your everyday life skills. Together, the video and task should take an hour to complete.
Our courses are tailored to young people, with lots of practical tips and step-by-step real-life challenges.
We offer the option of 3, 6 and 12 month courses, also covering money management, business and investing skills.
What will the course cover?
Our three-month course on “everyday life skills” covers a wide range of everyday life skills:
• We’ll teach you how to be a savvy shopper when it comes to price and how to save money on everyday costs.
• We’ll suggest ways you can earn some extra money from a side hustle.
• You’ll learn everything you need to know about owning a car and buying a home.
• You’ll learn how to manage your time more effectively.
• We’ll teach you how to be a crack negotiator and confident communicator.
• You’ll learn how to write a CV to help set you up for your future career.
• We’ll teach you tips and tricks to booking a great holiday.
How does the sign-off process work?
We are a licensed Skills Section Approved Activity Provider (AAP) for The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. This means our courses meet the requirements of the skills section for Bronze, Silver and Gold awards.
When you sign up, we will provide the necessary details for your eDofE account.
Once you’ve completed the course, we will complete your personalised assessor’s report, and sign off your skills section as completed.