What is This is Youth?
This is Youth is a way for The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award to recognise and celebrate young people who are doing their DofE or have recently achieved their Award, and the adults who support them. This is Youth recognises those who are making an impact in their own lives and beyond, using the DofE as a platform to make it happen.
Young people can be nominated in six categories:
- Community Impact: Change Maker of the Year
- Digital and Creative: Innovator of the Year
- Environmental Champion: Planet Protector of the Year
- Resilience: Boundary Breaker of the Year
- Teamwork: All-stars of the Year
- Leadership: Trailblazer of the Year
Adults can be nominated in two categories:
- Inspirational Adult: Life Changer of the Year
- Exceptional Service: Torchbearer of the Year
We’ll select truly inspirational people across the eight categories who will be invited, with a guest, to a special celebration event in London. We’ll also share their stories throughout December to celebrate their outstanding achievements and to inspire and encourage others.