Through the Physical section you should achieve a greater physical fitness through participation and improvement in physical activity. It's sure to make you feel healthier and you'll have fun along the way!
You don't need to be super fit or Olympic standard to achieve this section - giving it a go and getting better is enough.
From hockey to dance, rock climbing to swimming, wheelchair basketball to yoga - almost any dance, sport or fitness activity can count. You can join a team or do it on your own, concentrate on something you're already doing or try something completely different - it's up to you.
If you are still unsure about what you could do then have a chat with your Leader and other people in your community to find out what's on offer!
Need some some inspiration? Rebecca Adlington, Swimmer, Double Gold Medal Winner at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing once said:
"In order to succeed you need inner strength, self-belief and true grit. Never give up on your dream even when times are tough. Aim high and you will achieve your goal".
What do you need to do next?
- Find out what you need to do in detail, including the process and timescales, on our physical requirements page
- Check out the ideas in each of the physical categories of activity using the links on the right (remember - you need to get your Leader to agree your choice and make sure it fits our requirements for the Physical section)
- Download a handy Physical section programme planner on the right
- Download a list of physical ideas on the right
- Develop a plan for a programme which is specific and relevant to you
- Once you've got your activity, Assessor and goals sorted, set up your plan in eDofE, get your Leader to approve them - and you're good to go!
Good luck and have fun!
Got a question on this section? Go here...