Benefits to young people
When your child does their DofE programme they’ll develop the skills and attitudes they need to become more rounded, confident adults. Qualities that colleges, universities and employers are attracted to. So when you support your child’s pursuit of their Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, you’re investing in their future.
You can expect to see your child develop in the following areas as they work through their DofE programme:
- Self-belief and self-confidence
- A sense of identity
- Initiative and a sense of responsibility
- A real awareness of their strengths
- New talents and abilities
- The ability to plan and use time effectively
- Learning from and giving to others in the community
- Forming new friendships
- Problem solving, presentation and communication skills
- Leadership and teamworking skills.
Our animations tell the real-life stories of four young DofE Award holders – Lira, Lucy, George and Catherine – in their own words.
Hear how, through their DofE, they overcame personal challenges, found confidence, resilience, focus and motivation and achieved things they never thought they would.