Running the DofE
- Recruitment toolkit
- Delivery toolkit
- Recruitment presentation templates
- Welcome films
- Welcome Packs
- Promoting your group
- Additional needs
- Assessor’s Report
- Expedition resources
- Expedition areas
- Expedition FAQs
- Local noticeboards
- DofE Magazine
- DofE Brand Centre
- DofE logo
Promoting your group
We all know how important publicity can be. On a local level, it can help attract participants to your group, more volunteers to help young people achieve and funding/support from your local community. For Licensed Organisations, a higher profile can help secure the funding and support needed to ensure the DofE is run efficiently, gives participants a high quality experience and local centres/groups get the support they need.
Nationally good publicity helps us secure funding and means we can work on developing DofE programmes so we can inspire more young people and give them the opportunity to take part in the future.
We’re always on the lookout for inspirational stories and great photos from DofE groups throughout the UK to use on our website, in the DofE Magazine, in our annual review, on social media and of course through PR. Send your story and any photos to [email protected].
Here are some hints and tips on how to generate some publicity for your DofE centre or group:
- Celebrate young people’s achievements in your local communities at presentation events and through the local media.
- Publishing information on when your group meets.
- Promoting the activities and successes of your group/centre.
- Engaging the active support of local sponsors and key community figures.
- If you’re taking photos that you plan to use to promote your group and/or submit to us, you must always ensure you have everyone’s consent. Please feel free to use our standard Model Release Form.
- Official DofE Clothing is great team wear for DofE groups, especially when personalised.
The DofE has an image library which may be used for DofE promotional purposes. It may also be made available to the media to use in conjunction with DofE-related articles.
If you want to use any of our imagery, please email us at [email protected] with a full brief including:
- What the pictures will be used for
- When they will be used
- How many are needed
- A clear brief on content (e.g. activity/indoors/ages)
- What format and resolution is required
- To whom and how they should be sent